Pre-model planning helps ensure BIM coordination success.
Prism Electric has consistently used elements of BIM and 3D clash detection on all projects. We believe in the value BIM adds for more efficient and productive installations, shortened production schedules, higher quality control, smaller punch lists, reduced rework and superior record keeping.
- Hardware and software coordination between everyone on the team
- Agreed methods of electronic data transfer
- Team agreement of background (generally the structural elements of the project are a very good foundation upon which to build)
- Drawing and coordination schedule agreement
- General agreement of system locations, precedence, layering, and order before drawing begins
- Consensus about level of detail to manage
- Documenting record-keeping notes and general management of the modeling process (the general contractor is generally the leader of the process)
- Involving design, mechanical and plumbing teams
Prism’s standard BIM systems:
Get the Level of Detail Needed for Your Project
BIM Modeling isn’t one size fits all.
At Prism, we offer a standard Level 3 detail for our BIM models.
On the Baylor Scott & White College Station project, collaboration was mainly fostered by our BIM process. [...]
Director - BIM | VDC
2985 Market Street
Garland, TX 75041